Wednesday, March 26, 2014

D'Up: To Tan or Not to Tan?

I am looking for an excuse to tan. Should I head to the beach or a booth? 15 minutes of sunshine is all you need to boost your D. Winter has been long and today a pretty snow is falling again, hiding the sun. I want to D'Up or get my daily dose of D. D makes me smile because it raises my happy hormones, it helps me make energy, it boosts my immune system (better Natural Killer Cells and White Blood Cells) and helps me burn the winter weight. Power D even helps me remove toxins from my body (Mercury) besides building bones. Is that cool or what?

2000-5000 iu per day (the higher amount in the winter) for adults, 1000iu for kids - check your level. It should be between 50 & 70.

Vitamin D occurs naturally in fish, whole eggs and mushrooms. It is also found in fortified milk and orange juice. But even including these foods in your diet - does not guarantee that you will have enough Vitamin D, so adding a supplement is a great idea. D'up? yup!